Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter...

11 Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.

13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”

“They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 

14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”

Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”

16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”



Easter is upon us. It's a Christian holiday about which I have mixed feelings. I'm sure other Christians feel the same way as I do.

Easter is a holiday that brings sadness, humility and great joy to me.

I'm saddened when I think about what Jesus went through while fulfilling the prophecy of his death. No man should have to suffer what he suffered to fulfill the prophecy. He was flogged severely, mocked, physically abused, starved, and kept from fluids. If you read modern medical articles about what he went through you cannot help but be moved to sadness knowing what he suffered to save us. You can read what He went through here:

http://accordingtoglen.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-special-medical-version-of.html

Movie special effects have been improved to the point that they can literally show the brutality that was suffered by the Christ when he was held captive by the Romans in Jerusalem. It also shows us what happened to Him on Golgatha, just outside Jerusalem, on the day He died.

I'm humbled because Jesus not only did this to fulfill Biblical prophecy but did it to save the likes of me, a sinner who doesn't deserve it. His death forgave my sins and gave me direct access to Him and to God. And he voluntarily suffered the physical abuse and agony for me. Would I do the same for Him?

And Easter means great joy to Christians worldwide who rejoice because Jesus Christ sacrificed himself to save us from our sins so we, as believers, can enter the kingdom of heaven. He fulfilled the prophecy in the Old Testament and gave His life for us. He gave His life so we might live eternally. If you don't believe it means nothing to you. If you do believe - it's the best gift you have ever received.

Happy Easter to all who know the truth. We will meet in the kingdom of heaven. And we will rejoice together forever.


O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?



No comments:

Post a Comment