Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thanks For Reading!

A few days ago I published blog post number 501.  I started this blog on October 10th of 2010. Since then I have posted 501 articles on various topics and have two or three in draft form that I'm working on.  Honestly, I never knew I had so much to say.  OK, maybe I did since I've never really been shy about speaking my mind.

In fact - telling the truth to a couple of my supervisors got me in trouble. I've never been a "Yes" man.  If you don't want my opinion don't ask me for it. And if you do ask me for it be sure you're ready for the answer.  At least two of my supervisors discovered that the hard way.  But guess who got the heat for it?  It's kind of interesting that all our lives we're taught honesty is the best policy only to get a job working for someone who wants you to lie to make them feel better about themselves!

As you know - most of my blog posts are political but I do venture off into other topics now and then.  The most widely read posts seem to be those that are not political.  But the political ones get more feedback and stir things up - which is the best reason to keep doing them!

Anyway - the point of this post is to thank all of my readers for continuing to read what I write.  Three years later I have had over 28,000 page views since I posted my first article.  At least one of those articles was read by over 1200 people.  Not too shabby for an unknown writer.

So thank you to all who wander through my rants.  And a big thank you to all of you who have purchased my book!  I'm truly grateful that you took the time to read it.  I heard from a friend the other day that she had read it and the very next day one of her friends who lost a child recently came by to see her.  She shared my book with her friend in hope that it might help her in some way.  That is the best thing I could ask for!  Thank you, Cathy, for sharing the book with your friend.  May God touch her heart as she reads it and help her find peace.

Thanks again to all of you.  If none of you read my blog I would most likely still do it - but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome, and yes better not to be a yes man, they are defeatists.

    ReplyDelete