Monday, November 4, 2013

Some Interesting Information About Obamacare...

Last week I posted a blog written by my friend Cathy about her insurance policy being cancelled.  She and her husband operate a small business in Pennsylvania and had an insurance policy for many years – only to be told it was being cancelled because of changes forced by the Affordable Care Act. 

Today I received a message from her – an update on her search for a new health care policy.  It read as follows:

So. in the continuing saga of trying to find health insurance, I thought that you might be interested in these events.  

First of all, while the deadline has been moved until sometime in March, my insurance company is not extending my coverage until then.    I am to have a policy in place by December 1st because that begins my last month of coverage. 

I finally decided a week ago to try the phone line.   I called and was immediately told by the person on the other end that if I was calling on a cell phone to call back on a land line because my cell battery would not last through the length of the call.   Then I waited while the person repeatedly apologized for the delay.   Finally, I asked if she was using the same website as everyone else, to which she replied, "yes!"  She told me that the phone line is no faster and most of the time does not work, but it was set up for those individuals that did not have the internet! 

I am so nervous about running without health insurance, however, I am resigned to it and have already cancelled doctor appointments for the first of the year and am fitting them in now and have stocked up on prescriptions (BP meds) for six months to be ready.   So frustrating.

Did you catch that?  Last week, when the Obamacare web site shut down, the President himself told everyone to call the phone line and sign up that way.  But the people on the phone line began telling people just to wait for the internet – and now we know why.  The people on the phone line are using the same failed web site as one would use at home!  And he knew that as well as he knew insurance companies were going to cancel policies because of his signature law!

OK – Arden told me that maybe the President didn’t know that and she has a point.  She said “Well – you know HE hasn’t called the phone line for insurance.  And he doesn’t have any friends who have called the number for insurance.”  And as detached and out of touch as he seems to be – he very well may have simply assumed the phone lines were a backup plan without a clue as to how they worked.  He denies knowledge of anything that goes badly in his administration so why would this be any different?


President Obama seems to be a man who makes big plans and decisions then simply assumes other people will make them happen – without his involvement.  He may truly be ignorant of what his cabinet members and their agencies are doing because he doesn’t want to be involved in the details.  Once he’s made the decision it’s no longer his concern.  At least that’s how it appears given his stated lack of knowledge about Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, the AP spying scandal, Benghazi, the NSA, etc.  If he claims ignorance of those things why would he claim any knowledge about the details of Obamacare?  Well…  except that “you can keep your plan and you can keep your doctor” stuff.  Does anyone really believe he was talking out of ignorance on that?  Sadly, some still do.


No comments:

Post a Comment