There are many people who don’t like or even hate Sarah Palin, most of whom have no valid reason for it except that it feels good. I’ve always thought there was more to the woman than just hot air. Below is a list of her accomplishments as governor as written by an Alaska resident. Choose to believe them or not but they happen to be true. Remember, she was only governor for two years. I’m not saying I think she’s ready to be President, I really don’t know the answer to that. But really - what did our current President accomplish before being elected that makes him better qualified for the office?
By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman. I’ve spent the last 45 of my 66 years in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric or speech-making. It's about getting things done. Even Palin supporters never mention the things I'm about to tell you here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was their Darling, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many are now residing in State housing wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la". Name another governor that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor with her courage.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, and put 85% of them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let everybody know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was too extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), or giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, or dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years tried to make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and told them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent crybabies are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
You have just read some truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the Democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess the media is only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives. So, to Sarah I say "You go, Girl. I only wish those in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals.” I rest my case. Only fools listen to the media.