Friday, January 24, 2014

There's Always Someone To Blame...

I have made it pretty clear in the last few years that I (and many others) believe President Obama is a narcissist. His arrogant, "I know better than you" attitude, his recent statement that was basically "If Congress won't give me what I want I will simply bypass them to do it," and his complete lack of humility when it comes to taking responsibility not only for his successes but for his failures, all support my belief.

Now he is at it again. Earlier this week he said that part of his popularity problem is because he is black and that white voters don't like the idea of a black President. Regardless of the fact that he was elected by a majority and that most of those voters were white, rather than admit that voters on both sides are becoming disillusioned by his failed policies her turns to the race card.

That tactic didn't go over well with the people who supported him and are now disappointed by his actions and policies. Recently, it was reported that in addition to blaming racism for his problems he is once again blaming FOX News and Rush Limbaugh for the "gridlock" in Washington.

In his recent interview with The New Yorker, the President said “The issue has been the inability of my message to penetrate the Republican base so that they feel persuaded that I’m not the caricature that you see on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh, but I’m somebody who is interested in solving problems and is pretty practical, and that, actually, a lot of the things that we’ve put in place worked better than people might think." 

Really, Mr. President? The issue is that you haven't been able to persuade the Republican base that what you're doing is working? Maybe that's because...  it isn't!!

“There is a core group of Republican House members in particular who know that I lost their districts by twenty-five or thirty points,” Obama continued in the interview, “and that there is a Republican base of voters for whom compromise with me is a betrayal. And that – more than anything, I think – has been the challenge that I’ve needed to overcome. As long as there’s that gap between perceptions of me within the average Republican primary voter and the reality, it’s hard for folks like John Boehner to move too far in my direction.”

The narcissist blames everyone else for his failures. That's part of the disorder. And President Obama has been doing it throughout his Presidency. Not once has he accepted blame for any failure during his watch. Even when he apologized to the American people for telling them over and over (lying to them) they would be able to keep their insurance policies and their doctors he didn't claim responsibility for what he did. He said "I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me." There's no one word in there that says "It was my fault - I wasn't telling you the truth." It's impossible for him to say something like that. (He has yet to admit that he lied about Benghazi as well. They White House has admitted the attack wasn't because of a video but the President has not once admitted he lied or apologized to the American people for it.)

Let's not forget another of his failed policies that he never took responsibility for - the "shovel ready jobs" stimulus. When unemployment continued to fall, rather than say "Hey - I was wrong. This isn't working," he joked "Shovel ready was not as shovel ready as we expected" before a Jobs Council meeting in North Carolina. He simply cannot accept blame for anything.

The fact that the President says his "ability for my message to penetrate the Republican base" is because FOX News and Rush Limbaugh (and others) keep that base from seeing who Obama truly is not only proves his narcissism but reinforces the idea that he believes Americans who disagree with him are basically stupid Republican sheep. Of course, those who blindly follow Obama feel the same way, bolstered by a main stream media who have become a part of the Obama campaign. And he's still campaigning - because he doesn't know how to lead.

Last night on "The Kelly File" on FOX, conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer said “It’s rather unseemly if you are the commander-in-chief, the leader of the free world and the most powerful man on earth who could reduce pieces of the planet to a cinder on his command, to get so whiny.” I must agree.

Just once during his Presidency I'd like to see Mr. Obama say "This was my fault. I was wrong and I take full responsibility for it." It wouldn't make me agree with his failed policies but it just might gain him a little respect - at least for a minute or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment