Within 15 minutes of the initiation of the assault on the consulate in Benghazi, General Carter Ham, then head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department command with jurisdiction over Libya, knew the consulate was under a terrorist attack and that Ambassador Chris Stevens had gone missing. Shortly afterward, then Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, were briefed by Ham himself.
Thus is the testimony of General Ham, of which classified documents were declassified within the last few days and made public.
“My first call was to General Dempsey, General Dempsey’s office, to say, ‘Hey, I am headed down the hall. I need to see him right away,’” Ham told the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation on June 26 of last year. “I told him what I knew. We immediately walked upstairs to meet with Secretary Panetta.”
Ham further testified he gave Panetta and Dempsey the information just minutes before they were headed to the White House for a meeting with President Obama. So now one must decide - did Leon Panetta and General Dempsey withhold this vital and real-time information from the President of the United States? Does anyone still believe that?
Yet within hours information was leaked from the White House that the attack on the consulate, which ended up killing four Americans total, including Ambassador Stevens, was simply a mob that attacked the consulate because of anger generated by a video made in America. Four days later, America's then UN Ambassador, Susan Rice, went on the Sunday morning TV talk shows to reiterate the story about the video - which was a complete fabrication.
When the bodies of the slain Americans arrived at Andrews Air Force Base, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told one of the grieving mothers they would find the creator of the video and ensure he was properly punished.
Two weeks after the attack, President Obama went to the floor of the United Nations and repeated the lie about the video.
Even the interim President of Libya said publicly that the story of the video was simply untrue. Yet the Obama administration stuck with the story for as long as they possibly could. Eventually facts were uncovered, witnesses were interviewed, official cables requesting additional security (which was denied) were released and it was evident to any thinking person that the Obama administration not only botched the entire affair but lied to cover it up in an election year.
The White House refused to release documents and the CIA refused to make some witnesses available to the Armed Services Committee for testimony. Conservative pundits and media outlets that still practice journalism stayed on it and eventually began proving the Obama administration had not only lied about the video being the cause - they made it up. But the main stream, left-wing media refused to accurately investigate and/or report the story and Obama supporters nationwide not only refused to acknowledge that he, Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice lied about what really happened but decried anyone who said otherwise.
Jay Carney, the President's Liar in Chief, called it a "phony scandal."
Susan Rice, who was moved from her position in the U.N. to one of National Security Adviser (presumably for her intense loyalty to the President) stated in an interview as late as December 2013 “I don’t have time to think about the false controversy. In the midst of all of swirl about things like talking points, the administration has been working very, very hard across the globe to review our security of our embassies and our facilities. That’s what we ought to be focused on.”
The recently declassified documents prove the Obama administration to be as corrupt and dishonest as they come. I'm not surprise at that. What surprises me is that his supporters still either don't believe it or don't care. And that's frightening.
In other news - the President today said that he won't be waiting for legislation to get things done.
"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone, and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward in helping to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible, making sure that our businesses are getting the kind of support and help they need to grow and advance, to make sure that people are getting the skills that they need to get those jobs that our businesses are creating."
There's just one problem with that statement. Obama's economy, the threat of raising the minimum wage and the big job killer - Obamacare - are preventing businesses from growing and creating jobs. The only jobs Obama's pen can create are government jobs. And we certainly don't need any more of those - except for federal correctional workers who are losing ground every day against the ever growing population of inmates.
Obama went on to say "And so one of the things that I’m going to be talking to my cabinet about is how do we use all the tools available to us, not just legislation, in order to advance a mission that I think unifies all Americans, the belief that everybody’s got to take responsibility, everybody’s got to work hard..."
It seems odd to hear President Obama talk about unity, responsibility and hard work when he believes in none of those things for the American people. President Obama has divided this country along racial, political and economic lines more than any other President in my lifetime. He presides over the largest number of Americans on food stamps, one of the lowest work forces and the largest national debt ever. He has extended unemployment benefits so many times it is now a career for some. And he's done it all intentionally to further his left-wing, socialistic ideals.
I think President Obama should stick to allowing legislators do their jobs and stop going around them. So far his ideas aren't working very well. That's not just my opinion. Watch some real news.