Friday, September 27, 2013

OK... Now I'm Angry!

The Senate took a vote today to decide if they would hold a cloture vote.  It passed 79 to 19.  Then they held another vote, eliminating the language that would defund Obamacare, and it passed 54 to 44.  Republican leadership in the Senate voted to fund Obamacare.  They have lied to their constituents and lied to the American people in general.  And they should resign.

Mitch McConnell was one of those.  Fearing a government shutdown BY THE DEMOCRATS, McConnell proved his loyalty to his job rather than his constituents and voted for funding Obamacare.  My guess is that John McCain, Lindsay Graham and John Conlyn were the others.  It is sad and frustrating that our Republican representatives in the Senate vote Democrat to save their own skins. For the first time in my life I'm ashamed of Kentucky...!

McConnell and the rest will try to convince people that it's more important that the government doesn't shut down than it is to defund Obamacare.  But that is their own ego talking.  The fact is - the House funded the entire government for the next three months with the only exception being Obamacare.  So the government would only shut down if the Democrats and the President did it intentionally. Rather than get that message out to the people, as Ted Cruz was trying to do, the Senate Republicans caved and gave Harry Reid what he wanted.  And giving Harry Reid what he wants is always a bad thing.

I am ashamed of Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsay Graham and John Conlyn, and all the other "Republicans" who voted Democrat today.  OK, maybe not Lisa Murkowski.  She's been a known RINO for a while.  Come to think of it - so have McCain and Graham.  OK - I'm ashamed of McConnell and Conlyn.  The others I'm simply ashamed that the call themselves Republicans.

So now the bill goes back to the House.  Hopefully John Boehner still has the cojones he seemed to find last week and removes the language that Reid put in. So the government shuts down at the insistence of the Democrats...  so what? Get the word out.  Stand your ground!  Regardless of whether or not you get re-elected - stand on a principle of what's best for the country, not what's best for you!  If you allow Obamacare to go through without fighting it do you really think your constituents will vote for you again?  Mitch McConnell, Graham and Conlyn think so.  But they might just be wrong.  (McCain is talking retirement so I can't imagine what made him side with the Democrats except senility.  He really needs to retire.)

I hope any Republican who voted for the Senate bill is replaced in 2014.  Ted Cruz is my Senator and I couldn't be more proud of him.  He took a stance, told the Republican establishment to "stick it where the sun don't shine" and did the job he was elected to do.  I'll vote for him for President in 2016 if he runs.  And if not, I'll have to consider my vote carefully.  Any RINO that runs for President won't be getting my vote - even if I have to do a write-in.  And don't even ask me about Hillary. If she is elected it will be because the country has completely lost its mind and integrity.


No comments:

Post a Comment