Monday, September 16, 2013

"What Is It Going To Take?" A Gold Star Mom's Thoughts...

I think I will have a blog of my own completed sometime later today but this morning I wanted to share one written by my good friend, Tami, who's son Chad has been mentioned in my blog numerous times.  They are both a part of my book "How Do You Say Good-bye?  A true story of overcoming the death of a child."

Corporal Chad Wade was killed in Afghanistan on December 1, 2010.  His mom made the painful transition from Blue Star Mom to Gold Star Mom.  In the nearly three years since Chad's death Tami has discovered there are many people in the United States who don't know what either of those stand for.  I'll let her explain it.  Please click on the link below to read the thoughts and feelings of this very special Gold Star Mom.

And when you see a blue star or gold star in the window of a home or on a license plate, please take a moment to remember what they mean and the sacrifices of not only those in harm's way but of the people who are displaying the stars.

Thank you.

http://wingsforourtroops.blogspot.com/2013/09/what-is-it-going-to-take.html


No comments:

Post a Comment