Thursday, February 14, 2013

Obama Went Down To Georgia...

My newest poem.  The first line of the poem was a headline of a news article and my mind immediately went to the song.  So, with sincere apologies to Charlie Daniels and the band....  I give you:


Obama Went Down To Georgia...


Obama went down to Georgia
He was looking for some income to steal
He was in a bind - his economy was behind
And he was willing to make a deal.
When he came upon a young conservative
hunting a deer and taking a shot
And Obama jumped up on a hickory stump and said
"Son - let me tell you what.

I bet you didn't know it but I'm a right fair shooter too.
And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you.
Now you shoot a pretty mean rifle son but give 'ol Barack his due
Cause I shoot skeet up in Camp David
And I think I'm better than you.
I'll bet you if we both take aim and my good aim is true
I'll take more taxes from your check in case I defeat you.
If you defeat me I'll go back home and think about my sin
But I'm really not too worried cause I know I'm going to win."

The boy said "My name's Johnny and this will be a hoot
Cause I've seen the pictures from Camp David.
Mr. President - you can't shoot!"

Johnny you polish up your gun and aim your rifle true
Cause Obama wants more money and he’s coming after you.
And if he wins he’ll take more taxes from the check you earned
But if you win you know you’ll still get burned….

Obama pulled out his 4-10 gauge and said “I’ll start this fun.”
And BS poured out from his ears as he loaded up the gun.
But he had to ask someone for help – he knew not what he did.
And Johnny knew without a doubt that victory would be his.

Obama aimed the shotgun with that girly stance of his.
He closed his eyes and pulled the trigger and the target he did miss.
He said “That target is too small – I’m going to need some of yours.
You know what I believe in - we have to share the wealth, of course.”
Obama finally hit the mark – a lucky shot at best.
He gave his gun to someone else and sat him down to rest.
Johnny took one easy shot and the shooting match was done.
But when he turned around he saw the President was gone.

Johnny you polish up your gun and aim your rifle true
Cause Obama wants more money and he’s coming after you.
And if he wins he’ll take more taxes from the check you earned
But if you win we know you’ll still get burned….

- G. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment