Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I was taking a shower yesterday afternoon and realized it was almost 2011.  I can remember, as a kid, talking to my buddies about how old we would be in the year 2000.  Suddenly 2000 is ancient history and here we are, eleven years later, ringing in a new year.
I have to admit, 2010 didn’t start out all that wonderful but it ended up being a phenomenal year all the way around.  My wonderful wife, Barrie, found me and brought me into her life, something I never expected and probably don’t deserve.  She brought much love and happiness to my life and has added greatly to the joy of everyday living.
After over half of another year was spent in Ohio I was able to leave it behind and move back to Kentucky, only to end up moving again, back to Florida.  Those who know anything about me know my dream was to return to Florida eventually.  Fortunately for me, Florida has been a dream of Barrie’s as well.  She got a transfer, I got a truck and we found ourselves back in the Sunshine State.    It seems we brought the cold with us initially but today’s high, January 1st, 2011, is supposed to be 79 degrees.  So I can’t complain.
We have a great house in a wonderful neighborhood, good neighbors and a huge yard for the dogs.  On a sad note, I had to put my dog down this week due to an advanced stage of cancer.  She was a good girl and a good friend and I’ll miss her.  We’re already talking about another dog to be a companion for Nik.  Not a replacement for Lucky but a new member of the family.  I’ll let you all know when we get one.
All in all it’s been a wonderful and memorable year.  My father is still hanging in there.  He turned 89 this year and he and Esther are still doing as well as expected.  He remains an inspiration to us all.  He has maintained his smile and sense of humor regardless of the health difficulties he has experienced.  I can only hope I will have the same good nature if and when I am ever in the same situation.
On this day I am laying politics, personal dislikes, and criticisms aside to wish everyone a very happy and healthy 2011.  May your new year be full of love, family, and good friends and may each of you get something good in 2011 that you’re been wanting.
Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment